All students who compete at ASEF must follow the rules set by the ASEF Steering Committee.
- ASEF is open to all students who are currently on roll at Turgut Ozal EDUCATION. Gulistan - Albania Schools', Gulistan - Kosovo Schools' and Yahya Kemal College - Macedonia Schools' students are also encouraged and invited to participate in ASEF.
- Grade 10, 11 and 12 students are in “Senior” category.
- Grade 6, 7, 8 and 9 students are in “Junior” category.
- This year due to Covid-19 selected skilled 5-th graders WILL NOT participate.
- ASEF uses English language as the means of communication with its contestants, supervisors and jurors. Thus, all participants are expected to have a good acquisition of English Language.
- Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- Projects may be of “individual” or “group” project. A group project may be prepared and presented by two students, except for the Robotics Category, which has at maximum three students.
- ASEF Senior will be held on February the 27th, 2021 Saturday. Deadline to submit project is on February the 17th, 2021 Wednesday
- ASEF Junior will be held on March the 6th, 2021 Saturday. Deadline to submit project is on February the 24th, 2021 Wednesday
- The award ceremony for all categories will be held online on a date announced on asef.al website by the ASEF Steering Committee.
- The categories of ASEF such as:
- Only projects meeting all criteria are eligible for prizes and awards.
- All of the work performed on each project entered in the fair must substantially be the entrant’s own work. This includes the research for the project, the work carried out during the experiment, and the creation of the display.
- Those projects deemed by the judges to be questionable in this area will be subject to closer scrutiny by having the entrant called in to explain his or her work.
- Assistance provided to the entrant by others shall be merely supportive in nature and must be acknowledged. Details must be given as to who provided assistance and what specifically they did to help. (Example: “Thank you to my mom for helping me pick out and buy the supplies and to my brother for checking my spelling.”)
- This can be described on the display or in the log book.
The Committee reserves the rights:
- a. not to display any exhibit
- b. to withhold any prizes for which the judges consider an adequate standard has not been reached. The Committee's decision in all matters is final.
- A log book is required for each exhibit. You may use any notebook for keeping notes during your project work.
- Online participating students should upload their log book as .pdf, .docx or a scanned file up to 25 MB on their account.
- Supervisor must completely verify that the project entered in the fair is the product of the original work done by the entrant or team.
Online Presentation Rules
- Participants are requested to present their project through a video 3 to 5 minutes long.
- The video-presentation link (the youtube link or google drive link) for all categories that will be held online, should be uploaded on the student's account.
Presentation Rules for projects competing at Turgut Ozal Complex
- Students are requested to stay by their own stand all day.
- If anyone needs to leave for special needs, the other member of the group must be present in the stand.
- If jurors come to judge your project and you are not present you get disqualified from the fair.
- Entrants who are members of categories that will be held at Turgut Ozal Complex, are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and removal of their projects.
- ASEF Committee reserves the right to remove from display and, if necessary, dispose of inappropriate items as outlined above.
- Staff will not be responsible for the security of items exhibited.
- All projects must be removed from the hall.
- Projects not removed by the designated time will be thrown away.