All students who compete at ASEF must follow the rules set by the ASEF Steering Committee.
- ASEF is open to all students who are currently on roll at Turgut Ozal EDUCATION. Gulistan - Albania Schools', Gulistan - Kosovo Schools' and Yahya Kemal College - Macedonia Schools' students are also encouraged and invited to participate in ASEF.
- Grade 10, 11 and 12 students are in “Senior” category.
- Grade 6, 7, 8 and 9 students are in “Junior”category.
- Selected skilled 5th graders may participate in a category called ‘Little Scientists’.
- ASEF Senior will be held on March the 16th, 2019 Saturday.
- ASEF Junior (together with Little Scientists) will be held on April the 13th, 2019 Saturday.
- The venue for both ASEF finals is Turgut Ozal Education Complex . For Location, please click here.
- Application deadlines:
For ASEF Senior – February the 23rd, 2019 Saturday.
For ASEF Junior – March the 23rd, 2019 Saturday.
- The categories of ASEF are as follows:
- NATURAL SCIENCES: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Energy, Environment, Engineering, etc. all are evaluated in one category.
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES: Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, History, Law, Linguistics, etc. all are evaluated in one category.
- COMPUTER SCIENCES: Programming, Web Design, Robotics, Hardware Control and Networking. Hardware Control and Networking are evaluated in the same category and the rest three are evaluated separately.
- VISUAL ARTS: Poster Design, Short Movie, Industrial Design, Computer-Based 3-D Design and Installation Art. They all will be evaluated separately.
- ASEF uses English language as the means of communication with its contestants, supervisors and jurors. Thus, all participants are expected to have a good command of English.
- A contestant may participate in ASEF with maximum 2 projects (in two separate categories).
- The contestants have to prepare and register their projects under the supervision of their teachers.
- Inappropriate information; false, forged and/or plagiarized data may (and will) cause elimination of the project.
- A project which was presented in ASEF last year can be submitted for the second time -if and only if- a significant progress has been done.
- ASEF does not have to cover any expenses on contestants’ behalf such as transportation, food, project materials, stand decorations, brochures, posters, etc.
- ASEF steering committee reserves the right of amendment of any ASEF rule.